For nearly 30 years Boulder Country Day School has been at the forefront of education in the Boulder Valley. The hallmarks of our school - Community
, Character, Academic Excellence
, and Small Class Sizes
- are the keys to our success and allow us to create an educational experience where children innovate, create, grow and thrive. We believe our children are our future, and, to that end, we offer a broad-based liberal arts education that focuses on developing lifelong learners and responsible global citizens. The Boulder Country Day challenge, Discover Your Excellence
, recognizes that excellence is teachable, personal, and can be achieved in a variety of different disciplines - academic
, community service
, leadership, and more. We seek to provide just the right amount of nurture, structure, and latitude to live up to this challenge.
Ideal candidates for employment at BCD share our beliefs and, above all, love working with children. We look for evidence of these traits in a candidate’s education, work, and volunteer experience. We believe everything we do is curriculum
, and, as a result, we consider all BCD employees important members of our community. We look for employees who have intellectual lives outside of their classrooms or work spaces, believe intelligence is teachable and achievable and not inborn, are data driven, and ask great questions both of our school and our students.
Members of BCD’s Professional Staff:
- Find joy in taking risks and failing forward.
- Are passionate about their work; they are optimistic about and love working in a school environment.
- Possess a strong sense of integrity; they embody and promote trust and character in our school and its community.
- Employ innovative practices in their fields; they are curious, creative, and enthusiastic.
- Are eager to collaborate with multiple constituencies, including employees, parents, students, and members of the greater BCD community.
- Have a growth mindset; they are open minded, flexible, and reflective.
- Believe in and are committed to cultivating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive community.
- Model balance, are deeply curious, and share their interests within and outside of school.
Boulder Country Day School celebrates, honors, and appreciates all forms of diversity in an environment of inclusivity. Individual differences are highly regarded, nurturing the human dignity of each member of our community. Our intentional work to embrace and understand the value of diversity, equity, inclusivity, and social justice affords the freedom for all members of our school community to flourish as unique, confident, compassionate, and ethical individuals. Boulder Country Day does not discriminate against any employee, student, applicant for employment, or applicant for admission on the basis of age, disability, culture, ethnic origin, nationality, race, color, religion, creed, family, marital status, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, military service, socioeconomic status or any other applicable status protected by federal, state, or local law.